Thursday, March 13, 2008

Superfreak readers

This was a conversation I had with one of my 8th graders this morning.

Cody: Mrs. Wood, I don't know what you're doing, but you're creating some sort of superfreak readers in this school.

Me: Cody, what are you talking about??

C: All these kids, they've never read a day in their life, and you see them all walking around school with their head in a book.

Me: *stunned*

C: Like Ciara, I just saw her walking around, not even talking to her friends, she just had this giant book she was reading. And Beth, she rushes through her work in other classes because she just wants to read.

Me: Are you serious?

C: Yeah, your kids love to read.

Mrs. Wood -1 : Jerks who said you couldn't turn intensive students into readers -0
Thank you Cody for making my year.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Oh! That's awesome!! You're doing great things for those kids.

Larissa said...

Yeah, and you have me reading this blog so you get another point, LOL! I want you to be MY reading teacher!