Sunday, March 9, 2008

My dearest blog, I have neglected thee

Life has been busy, meaning blogging has taken a backseat, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things here. So I'll begin with a few random, run-of-the-mill, pretty standard updates.

I am astounded daily by the rate at which Collin learns new things. He floors me with his understanding of the world and the way it works. His latest thing is rhyming words. He learned this at "preschool" (aka Noggin-It's like preschool on TV) and has been running around finding rhyming words everywhere. He's also beginning to display many hard-headed tendencies. He has beliefs about the way things should be, and will accept nothing less than his way. He also has a knack for justification, making excuses and 'selling' his perspective.

In other news, Mia is slowly but surely showing her awesome little personality. She's finally started getting on all 4s, and she's SO close to crawling. She claps and delights in all the little things around her. She can pincer grasp food now and somewhat feed herself, and she's started pointing her chubby little finger at things that interest and excite her. Most of all she LOVES her brother. Everything Collin does is amazing in her book. Nobody can make her laugh like he can. I adore watching their relationship blossom.

In teacher world, FCAT testing starts Tuesday, which explains why I've been so busy. I decided to stop talking about the test last week, because anytime I would mention 'my least favorit F word' students would cringe and their stomachs would turn. It's bad enough that the state makes the test so high-stakes...I refuse to perpetuate the stigma in my own classroom.

On the home-front. We're moving. Saturday is our official move-in day to an awesome new house in Minneola! We're so excited to be closer to work and have more room than we've ever had! Pictures to come next week.

2 comments:

Kyla said...

Busy, busy!! Hang in there!

Larissa said...

HOORAY! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place! I'll come visit ASAP ;) I miss you guys!